Site Prep and DeliveryHow to prepare your base and get ready for your new structure
Preparing the site for your new shed.
- A bed of 4 inches or more of 2-B stone, or other porous gravel is required for all sheds over 8 feet wide.
- Gravel base is to be 2 feet larger than shed size.
Example =10x12 shed requires 12x14 base.
- Sheds 8 feet wide or less can be set on blocks (provided by customer) but gravel base is preferred.
- You will need approximately 3 tons of gravel per 100 square feet of shed.
Example =12x16 shed = 192 sq. ft. x 3 tons = 5.76 tons.
- Using a straight edge or line level, make sure gravel base is flat, not racked or twisted. The integrity of the shed depends on the quality of the base.
We take great pride in the timely and efficient delivery of the product that you have purchased from Tuscarora Structures, Inc. and work hard to get it placed properly. For this reason, please take into thought that all our products are delivered by truck and trailer which is restricted by its physical size and turning radius.
In addition to you ensuring the proper preparation of the site prior to delivery, we also require sufficient space in order to deliver and set your structure.
A pre-built garage that is 12 ft. wide needs at least 14 ft. of clearance for width and approximately 14 ft. height clearance. For mini barns and storage sheds we should have clearance at least 2 ft. wider than the building dimensions.
We have dealers in Pennsylvania and New York. Free local delivery!